Shraddha P. Amrutkar, Paresh A. Patil, Rajshri S. Patel
Ms. Shraddha P. Amrutkar1*, Mr. Paresh A. Patil2*, Ms. Rajshri S. Patel3*
1R. C. Patel Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Shirpur, Dhule.
2Ahinsa Institute of Pharmacy, Dondaicha, Shindkheda, Dhule. (MS) 425408 India.
3Parul Institute of Pharmacy and Research, Vadodara, Gujarat.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2020
Drug discovery is a process, which aims at identifying a compound therapeutically useful in treating and curing a disease. Developing a new drug from original idea to the launch of finished product is a complex process which can take 12-15years and cost in excess of $1 billion. The process of drug discovery involves the identification of candidates, synthesis, characterization, screening and assays for therapeutic efficacy. Once a compound has shown its value in these tests, it will begin the process of drug development prior to clinical trials. Drug discovery and development is an expensive process due to high cost of R & D and human clinical tests.
Cite this article:
Shraddha P. Amrutkar, Paresh A. Patil, Rajshri S. Patel. Review on Modern Drug Discovery Process. Res. J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics.2020; 12(3):137-141. doi: 10.5958/2321-5836.2020.00025.7
Shraddha P. Amrutkar, Paresh A. Patil, Rajshri S. Patel. Review on Modern Drug Discovery Process. Res. J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics.2020; 12(3):137-141. doi: 10.5958/2321-5836.2020.00025.7 Available on: https://rjppd.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-12-3-6
1. Gandhi, P., 2011. Clinical Research Methodology. Indian J Phar Edu Res, 45(2), pp.199-209
2. Rao, V.S. and Srinivas, K., 2011. Modern drug discovery process: an in silico approach. Journal of Bioinformatics and Sequence Analysis, 2(5), pp.89-94
3. Prakash, N. and Devangi, P., 2010. Drug Discovery. J. Antivir. Antiretrovir, 2(4)
4. Hughes, J.P., Rees, S., Kalindjian, S.B. and Philpott, K.L., 2011. Principles of early drug discovery. British Journal of Pharmacology, 162(6), pp.1239-1249
5. Thorat, S.B., Banarjee, S.K., Gaikwad, D.D., Jadhav, S.L. and Tharat, R.M., 2010. Clinical trial: a review. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research [Internet], 1(2), pp.101-6.