S. Janet Beula, T. Rama Mohan Reddy, R. Suthakaran, K. Suneetha
S. Janet Beula1*, Dr. T. Rama Mohan Reddy2, Dr. R. Suthakaran3, K. Suneetha4
1Career Point University, Research Scholar, Rajasthan, Kota, India.
2CMR College of Pharmacy, Medchal, RR District, India.
3Vijaya College of Pharmacy, Munuganoor, RR District, India.
4SSJ College of Pharmacy, Gandipet, RR District, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
Isatin or 1H-indole-2, 3-dione is an indole derivative. Isatin is an important class of heterocyclic compounds. Recently, heterocyclic compounds analogues and their derivatives have attracted strong interest in medicinal chemistry due to their biological and pharmacological properties. The structure have offered a high value of diversity that is proven useful for the development of new medicinal drugs and improved potency,less toxicity and good pharmacological activity. Isatin has a wide varity of pharmacological activities such as an antimicrobial, anticancer, antiviral, anticonvulsant, anti-inflammatory and analgesic etc. The aim of this review is to provide the recent efforts of scinentists in pharmacological screening of isatin, importants and synthesis of isatin derivatives,pharmacological action of isatin and their biological activity.
Cite this article:
S. Janet Beula, T. Rama Mohan Reddy, R. Suthakaran, K. Suneetha. A Review an Isatin, Isatin Derivatives and their Pharmacological Activity. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2021; 13(2):59-2. doi: 10.52711/2321-5836.2021.00013
S. Janet Beula, T. Rama Mohan Reddy, R. Suthakaran, K. Suneetha. A Review an Isatin, Isatin Derivatives and their Pharmacological Activity. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2021; 13(2):59-2. doi: 10.52711/2321-5836.2021.00013 Available on: https://rjppd.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-13-2-7
1. Jr Streitwieser, Andrew, Heathcock and H Clayton. Introduction to Organic Chemistry (3rd ed). pp. 1038–1040. ISBN: 0-02-418140-4.
2. Y. Guo and F. Chen, Zhongcaoyao. Synthesis of novel isatin-type 5'-(4-Alkyl/Aryl-1H-1, 2, 3-triazoles) via 1, 3-dipolar cycloaddition reactions. 1986, 17, 8 (CA 104: 213068f).
3. M.Ischia, A. Palumbo and G. Prota. Synthesis of Novel Isatin-type 5'-(4-Alkyl -1H-1, 2, -diazoles) via 1, 2-dipolar addition Reactions. Tetrahedron letters, 1988, 44, 6441.
4. J. Breinholt, H. Demuth, M. Heide, G.W. Jensen, I.L. Moller and C.N. Rosendahl. Synthesis and Biological Profile of some Novel Heterocyclic Moieties Bearing Nitrogen, Sulphur and Oxygen Atoms. Acta ChemicaScandinavica, 1996, 50, 443.
5. Y. Yan, G. Li, F. Wang and W. Mao, Huadong Huagong Xueyuan Xuebao, Biochimie et Biophysica Acta, 1992, 18, 192 (CA 118: 127985k).
6. Erdmann, Journal Fur Praktische Chemie,1841, 24, 1.
7. Laurent, Journal Fur Praktische Chemie, 1842, 25, 430.
8. P.G. Gassman, B.W. Cue and T.Y. Luh, Journal of Organic Chemistry, 1977, 42,256.
9. R. Hardman and M.W. Partridge, Journal of Chemical Society, 1958, 67, 614.
10. De Moraes, LJ Pena and AC Leite. Isatin Derivatives and Their Antiviral Properties against Arboviruses. Mini Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry, 01 Jan 2019, 19(1): 56-62.
11. G. Mathur and N. Sumitra. Recent Advancement in Synthesis of Isatin as Anticonvulsant Agents. A Review Medicinal Chemistry, ISSN: 2161-0444, April 12, 2014, 4: 417-427.
12. U. Usha Rani, P. Sivappa Naidu, G and Sukanya1. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Isatin incorporated Quinoxalines as Anti-Tubercular Agents. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev, 47(2), Nov- Dec 2017; 13: 67-70.
13. I Chiyanzu, C Clarkson, PJ Smith and J Lehman. Design, Synthesis and Anti-Plasmodial Evaluation in Vitro of New 4-Aminoquinoline Isatin Derivatives. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett, 2005; 13: 3249-3261.
14. HA Abdel-Aziz, WM Eldehna, AB Keeton, GA Piazza and AA Kadi. Isatin-Benzoazine Molecular Hybrids as Potential Antiproliferative Agents: Synthesis and In Vitro Pharmacological Profiling. Drug Design, Development and Therapy, 9 August 2017 Volume 2017:11; 2333-2346.
15. G. N. Nugumanova, S. V. Bukharov and R. G. Tagasheva. Antioxidant Activity of Isatin Acylhydrazones with Sterically Hindered Phenol Fragments. Russian Journal of General Chemistry, Jan 2015, Vol 85, 1, pp 53–56.
16. A Patel, S Bari, G Talele and J Patel. Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of Some New Isatin Derivatives. Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Article 5, Vol 5 (4) 2006, 249-254.
17. M Rita, D Simona and C Angela. Isatin thiazoline hybrids as dual inhibitors of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry, 21 Oct 2016, Vol -32(1); 30-136.
18. R Chinnasamy, R Sundararajan and S Govidaraj. Synthesis, Analgesic, Anti-Inflammatory and In Vitro Antimicrobial Studies of some Novel Schiff and Mannich Base of 5-Substituted Isatin Derivatives. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, ISSN- 0975-1491 Vol 6, Issue 10, 2014.
19. M Chandra and R Venkateshwar. Biological Evaluation of Schiff Bases of New Isatin Derivatives for Anti Alzheimer's Activity. Assian Journal of Clinical and Pharmaceutical Research, Vol 7, Issue2, 2014 ISSN - 0974-2441.
20. Ch. Tejasree, G. Kiran, G. Rajyalakshmi and A. Rama Narsimha Reddy. Hepatoprotective Activity of 1-(4-(Dimethylamino) Benzylidene)-5-(2-Oxoindolin-3-ylidene) Thiocarbohydrazone in Rats. Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry, Vol 95, 26 Dec 2013 - Issue 9, 1589-1594.