Shampoos are products that remove excess oil, dust on the skin and scalp. Many of the ingredients in shampoos are chemical and that is why they have been severely attacked due to the potential risk of side effects with their use. The main objective of this study was to eliminate the harmful synthetic ingredient in dandruff anti-dandruff and to replace it with safe natural ingredients. An effort has been made to integrate modern formulation technology into a formula based on natural ingredients. The herbal shampoo was prepared with Ritha fruit, Liquorice stolon's, Bengal gram seeds, Brahmi leaves, Green-gram seeds collected in an Ayurvedic store and remained as Banana roots, pomegranate seeds, leaves Hibiscus, Marigold flowers, and lemon fruit and all the ingredients are extracted and create a unique texture and stability tested with Dove shampoo on the market. Formulation 4 was found to be the best method based on the criteria for testing and stability studies. In a review of research data, the development of four anti-dandruff anti-dandruff anti-dandruff products containing all the positive properties of a suitable shampoo and was found to be safe, effective and economical compared to synthetic Dove anti dandruff shampoo, proved to be a stable improvement., an effective herbal anti-dandruff shampoo that may be commercially available instead of an existing synthetic shampoo is possible.
Cite this article:
Pratiksha S. Bhadane, Ritu M. Khairnar, Shweta S. Gavit. To Perform and prepared the Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Antidandruff Shampoo. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics.2022;14(3):185-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-5836.2022.00033
Pratiksha S. Bhadane, Ritu M. Khairnar, Shweta S. Gavit. To Perform and prepared the Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Antidandruff Shampoo. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics.2022;14(3):185-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-5836.2022.00033 Available on: https://rjppd.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-3-11
1. Suriyprakash TNK, Caravan R, Lakshmana Prabu S, Sumathi A. Elixir Pharmacy 39; 2011: 4639-4642.
2. Design and testing of various cosmetic and dental products. Pharmacy. Pharmaquest.weebly.com/upload/9/9/4/2/9942916/formulation_evaluation_of_cosmetic_pdts.pdf
3. Ali Heyam Saad, Rasool bazigha Kadhim. Composition and development of herbal shampoo from Ziziphus spina leaves extracted. International Research Journal in Ayurveda & Pharmacy 2 (6); 2011: 1802-1806.
4. Sachin Dubey, Neelesh Nema, Nayak S. Repair and testing of herbal shampoo powder. Ancient Life Sciences 26 (1); 2004: 38-44.
5. Sutar Manisha, Deshmukh Swati, Chavan Manisha, Singh Sonia. Preparation and testing of polyherbal shampoo powder. International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences 392); 2013: 151-159.
6. Gholamreza Dehghan Noudeh, Fariba Sharififar, Payam Khazaeli, Ehsan Mohajeri, Javad Jahanbakhsh. Composition of herbal conditioner shampoo using fenugreek seed extract and testing of its physicochemical parameters. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology 5 (22); 2011: 2420-2427.
7. Mohamed Halith S, Abirami A, Jaya prakash S, Chitra Karthikeyini, Kulathuran K, Mohamed Firthouse PU. The effect of Ocimum sanctum and Azadiracta indica on the formation of herbal antidandruff herbal powder shampoo. Experimental Research Library 1 (2); 2009: 68-76.
8. Swati Deshmukh, Bindurani Kaushal, Shweta Ghode. Design and testing of herbal shampoo and comparative studies with herbal marketed shampoo. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences 3 (3); 2012: 638-645.
9. Naresh Gorantla, Sai Prasad K, Thimma Reddy VT, Ragadeepika J, Hajarabi T, Hindustan Abdul Ahad. Composition and testing of an herbal shampoo containing chamomile, rose and orange peel. Pharma Research Library: International Journal of Medicine and Medical Research 1 (2); 2013: 192-197.
10. Nasrin Aghel, Eskandar Moghimipour, Azadeh Raies Dana. The composition of the herbal shampoo using the complete saponins of Acanthophyllum squarrosum. Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 6 (3); 2007: 167-172.
11. Ashok Kumar, Rakesh Roshan Mali. Examination of shampoo formulation prepared and comparing shampoo formulated with commercial shampoos. International Journal of Medicine Scientific Review and Research 3 (1); 2010: 120-127