Epilepsy is a chronic disorder of the brain that affect people worldwide. Nearly about 50-80% of the patients with epilepsy are controlled with currently available antiepileptic drugs. But these drugs cannot able to control seizures effectively in about 10-20% of the patients. The treatment of epilepsy still remains inadequate even though new anticonvulsants are being developed. The present study was undertaken to investigate effect of J.regia in management of seizures.100 mg fruit extract was administered in seperate groups of animal. The J.regia fruit extract shows the anticonvulsant activity in animal model.
Cite this article:
Samruddhi Satish Vyawahare*, Dr Rajesh Mandade, Prof Pranay Uplenchwar. In-vivo Evaluation of Anticonvulsant activity of Juglans regia fruit extract. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics.2023;15(4):155-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-5836.2023.00028
Samruddhi Satish Vyawahare*, Dr Rajesh Mandade, Prof Pranay Uplenchwar. In-vivo Evaluation of Anticonvulsant activity of Juglans regia fruit extract. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics.2023;15(4):155-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-5836.2023.00028 Available on: https://rjppd.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-15-4-2
1. Jain, P., et al., Epilepsy: A neurological cramp. 2013. 5(1): p. 1-5.
2. Tufon, E.N., et al., Evaluating the Management of Epilepsy in the Ngie Community of the North West Region of Cameroon. 2013. 10(15): p. 11.5.
3. Ratna, B., et al., Investigation on the effect of the Drug Levetiracetam combined with Clobazam on MES Model of Epilepsy. 2020. 13(6): p. 2792-2796.
4. Arun, J., et al., Phytochemical and Pharmacological screening Daucus carota seed for its Anticonvulsant activity by using Pentylenetetrazole Induce Convulsion. 2022. 15(5): p. 2293-2296.
5. Debnath, J., et al., An Experimental Evaluation of Anticonvulsant Activity of Ethanolic Extract of Seeds of Holarrhena antidysenterica In Mice. 2011. 3(1): p. 31-33.
6. Tiwari, R.N., et al., Evaluation of Anticonvulsant Activity of Novel Substituted 2-Mercaptobenzimidazole Derivatives. 2010. 3(2): p. 466-467.
7. Senghani, M.K.J.R. Anticonvulsant Activity of Boswellic acids in Pentylenetetrazole-induced Convulsive mice and Thiopental Sodium induced Sleeping time in Mice. J.O.P. and Technology. 2013. 6(9): p. 1037-1041.
9. Kannadasan, M., et al., Anti-Epileptic Activity of the Hydro-Alcoholic Extract of Erythrina fusca Lour. Bark through Behavioral Studies against the Animal Models of Epilepsy. 2011. 4(2): p. 315-319.
10. Komali, E., et al., Anticonvulsant effect of Bacopa monnieri extracts on Catecholamine metabolism during PTZ-induced Epilepsy in different brain regions of Albino Rat. 2018. 11(4): p. 1592-1598.
11. Gautam, S.K., et al., Synthesis and Anticonvulsant activity of new 5-((1-(2-(4-substituted phenacyl bromide)-2-oxoethyl)-2-phenyl-1H-indol-3yl) methylene) pyrimidine-2, 4, 6 (1H, 3H, 5H)-trione Derivatives. 2021. 14(5): p. 2681-2685.