Avinash. B. Thalkari, Pawan. N. Karwa, Vivek. M. Thorat, Sakshi. K. Jadhav
Avinash. B. Thalkari1, Pawan. N. Karwa2*, Vivek. M. Thorat2, Sakshi. K. Jadhav2
1Vasant Pharmacy College, Kaij.
2Gurukrupa Institute of Pharmacy, Majalgaon, Dist: Beed, 431131.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2020
In last few years the trend for the nutraceuticals has been increasing which has provided health benefits and is working as a alternative to modern medicine.As we know that Nutrients, herbals and dietary supplements are the primay constituents of nutraceuticals which acts a backbone in maintaining health, fight against various severe diseases and promotes a quality life.The current ratefor the growth, research developments ratio, lack of standards, marketing zeal, quality assurance and regulation are all the factors in the success or failure of the neutraceuticals.In India almost all the common forms of functional foods and nutraceuticals are available as in the Ayurvedic Medicines and other forms.These are marketed under various brand names. India which is often known as the home of medicinal herbs, spices and tree species which have a large domestic market with very less foreign competition at present.Nutraceuticals are those products which are derived from food sources and are used to provide extra health benefits, in addition increase the basic nutritional value found in foods. Nutraceutical provide an intervention and treat the disease. Nutraceuticals tends to improve the health status of individuals by modulating the body functions. Different types of those nutraceuticals are available including the proteins, vitamins, minerals, and other pure food compounds like., dietary supplement, herbals, nutrients, medical foods, functional foods. Nutraceuticals now has attracted interest towards the market due to its proper potential nutritional values, safety and therapeutic effects. The curent Review is a short data regarding the curent neutraceuticals status along with its classification and the benifts.
Cite this article:
Avinash. B. Thalkari, Pawan. N. Karwa, Vivek. M. Thorat, Sakshi. K. Jadhav. Overview of Neutraceuticals. Res. J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics.2020; 12(3):130-132. doi: 10.5958/2321-5836.2020.00023.3
Avinash. B. Thalkari, Pawan. N. Karwa, Vivek. M. Thorat, Sakshi. K. Jadhav. Overview of Neutraceuticals. Res. J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics.2020; 12(3):130-132. doi: 10.5958/2321-5836.2020.00023.3 Available on: https://rjppd.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-12-3-4
1. De Felice L Stephen., The nutraceutical revolution, its impact on food industry. Trends in Food Sci. and Tech. 6: 59-61 (1995).
2. Brower B. Nutraceuticals: poised for a healthy slice of the market. Nat Biotechnology; 16: 728-33 (1998).
3. Mannion M., Nutraceutical revolution continues at foundation for innovation in medicine conference. Am J Nat Med; 5: 30-33 (1998).
4. Kalra E.K Nutraceutical- Definition and Introduction. AAPS Pharm Sci 5: 27-28 (2003).
5. Shilpa P. Chaudhari, Priyatama V. Powar and Mahesh N. Pratapwar, nutraceuticals: a review, World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Volume 6, Issue 8, 681-739.
6. Manisha Pandey, Rohit K Verma, Shubhini A Saraf, Nutraceuticals: new era of medicine and health, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, Vol.3 Issue 1, Pg. No: 12.
7. Ahmed Khan, Gamal Osman Elhassan and Kamal Ahmad Qureshi Nutraceuticals: In the treatment and prevention of diseases –an overview, The Pharma Innovation Journal; 3(10): 47-50 (2014),
8. Sarin Rajat, Sharma Manisha, Singh Robin and Kumar Sunil Nutracuticals: A Review,
IRJP, 3(4): 95-99 (2012).
9. Garima Verma and Manoj Kumar Mishra, A review on nutraceuticals: classification and its role in various diseases, International Journal of Pharmacy and Therapeutics, 7(4), 2016, 152
10. Sami Labs - pioneer in nutraceuticals. The Hindu Newspaper; Aug 05, 2002, Avaliable from: http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/ biz/2002/08/05/stori es/2002080500040200.htm.
11. Nutraceutical reality on the horizon-cover story. Food Product Design. Available from: http://www.pharmabiz.com/article/ detnews.asp?articleid=2 2127andsectionid=46
12. De Felice L Stephen. The nutraceutical evolution: fueling a powerful, new international market. The Foundation for Innovation in Medicine. Available from: http:// www.fimdefelice.org/archives/arc.fueling.html.
14. Swaroopa G.1* and Srinath D.2, Nutraceuticals and their Health Benefits, Int. J. Pure App. Biosci. 5 (4): (2017), pg.no: 1151-1155
15. Kathleen C, Stephen D. Nutraceuticals: What Are They and Do They Work? Kentucky Equine Research, Inc. Versailles, KY 7 (4); 2013:1-50.
16. Smarta RB. Regulatory Perspective of Nutraceuticals in India, Interlink Marketing Consultancy Pvt. Ltd. Report; 2012: 112. (www.interlinkconsistancy.com)
17. Sarin R, Sharma M, Singh R, Kumar S. Nutraceuticals; Review, International Research Journal Pharmacy, 3 (4); 2012: 95-99.
18. Patil CS. Current trends and future prospective of nutraceuticals in health promotion, BIOINFO Pharmaceutical Biotechnology 1 (1); 2011: 01-07.