Rahman Abdul Mohd, D Ramakrishna, Shashidhar Purra, Mehnoor Farheen, Faheemuddin Mohammed
Rahman Abdul Mohd*, Dr. D Ramakrishna, Dr. Shashidhar Purra, Dr. Mehnoor Farheen, Faheemuddin Mohammed
Department of Pharmacology, Shadan Women’s College of Pharmacy, Khairtabad, Hyderabad, Telangana, India, 500004.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are the widely used class of drugs for the treatment of gastric acid-related disorders and also used in almost all types of prescription. PPIs inhibit gastric acid secretion by inhibiting the potassium ATPase, which is responsible for acid production. An investigation was carried out on PPIs inducing an adverse effect cytopenia in wistar albino rats. Two drugs namely omeprazole and rabeprazole had been selected for the investigation. Rats had been divided into two groups as normal group and control group. Control group is further divided into two groups as omeprazole control group and rabiprazole control group. Normal group received saline water and control group received omeprazole (40mg/kg) and rabeprazole (20mg/kg) by PO respectively, for a period of one month. Blood was collected after 30 days of continuously administration of drugs by retro orbital puncture. Blood sample of normal and control groups had been analyzed for complete blood picture (CBP). The data was analyzed by using ANOVA followed by Dennett’s multiple comparison. The results are significant at a level of P<0.05
Cite this article:
Rahman Abdul Mohd, D Ramakrishna, Shashidhar Purra, Mehnoor Farheen, Faheemuddin Mohammed. Study of effect of Proton Pump Inhibitors on Blood Constituents in Albino Wistar Rats. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2021; 13(2):43-5. doi: 10.52711/2321-5836.2021.00009
Rahman Abdul Mohd, D Ramakrishna, Shashidhar Purra, Mehnoor Farheen, Faheemuddin Mohammed. Study of effect of Proton Pump Inhibitors on Blood Constituents in Albino Wistar Rats. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2021; 13(2):43-5. doi: 10.52711/2321-5836.2021.00009 Available on: https://rjppd.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-13-2-3
1. Research gate.net/publication/259240860/ proton pump inhibitors present and future a review.
2. Repub. Eur.nl/pub/21086/100924/ Hunfeld, Nicole, Geertruida, Maria
3. wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastric acid
4. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pub med/219762
5. medicinenet.com/proton-pump inhibitors/article.html
7. medscape.org/view article/500638_4
9. Nitin Mahurkar, S.M. Sayeed ul hasan. Synergistic Antiulcer Effect of Melatonin and Esomeprazole Combination in Pylorus Ligation, Ethanol, and Aspirin induced Peptic Ulcers. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 5(1): Jan.-Mar. 2015; Page 10-14. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2015.00002.7
10. Nitin Mahurkar, S.M. Sayeed Ul Hasan, Arati A. Malpani . Gastroprotective Influence of Vitamin C and its Combination with Rabeprazole in Pylorus Ligation Induced Ulcers. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 4(2): April-June 2014; Page 71-76.
11. Sandip S. Chaudhari, Swapnil D. Phalak. Simultaneous Equation Method for Aspirin and Omeprazole (Yosprala) Tablet by using UV-Spectroscopy. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(2):69-72. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00013.2
12. Prasanna Reddy Battu, MS Reddy. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC for the Rabeprazole sodium in Pharmaceutical formulations and Human Plasma. Asian J. Research Chem. 2(1): Jan.-March, 2009; Page 49-51.
13. Sathiyaraj M, Vijay Amirtharaj R, Senthilkumar N. Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation of Esomepraole in Human Plasma by LCMS/Ms. Asian J. Research Chem. 3(2): April- June 2010; Page 477-484.
14. Sagar B. Wankhede, Vishal N. Borole, Sohan S. Chitlange. Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Estimation of Diclofenac Sodium and Omeprazole in Capsules. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(7): July, 2011; Page 1172-1175.
15. G. Sarvan Kumar, S. Swathi, B. Laxmi Prasanna, M. Prathima Kumari, R. Suthakaran. Biochemical Estimation of High Dose of Omeprazole in Experimental Rodents. Res. J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics.2019; 11(2):67-75 . doi: 10.5958/2321-5836.2019.00012.0
16. Rajashree S Masareddy, Smitha D Rananaware, Bhushan R Patil. Preparation and Characterization of Rabeprazole Gastroretentive Drug Delivery System by Ionotropic Gelation Technique. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 3(2): April- June 2010; Page 526-529.
17. Nitin Mahurkar, S.M. Sayeed Ul Hasan, A. Arati Malpani, M. Chetan. Influence of Single and Multiple Dose Regimen of Melatonin, Rabeprazole and their Combination in Gastroprotection in Pylorus Ligated Albino Rats. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 6(5): May 2013; Page 562-568.
18. Sri Roja. I, E. Shanmugapriya, P. Shanmugasundaram. Comparative Study of efficacy of Ilaprazole and Omeprazole in Patients with Acid Peptic Disease. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(7): 2205-2209. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00389.4